The final solution for all SOHC CB750 oil tank haters.
Sumpthing is a complete kit that enables you to remove the external oil tank on your SOHC CB750.
The product shown is the final prototype. The product has a sightglass to check the oil level.
Instead of the original system with the external oil tank, SumpThing reroutes the oil internally into a lowered oil pan. Just like all older Honda CB’s it’s making it a wet-sump instead of the dry-sump. Oil capacity stays the same at 3 Quarts /2.8 liters.
Hmm.. any advantages?
- First of all, the looks. Virtually every CB750 builder wants the oil tank removed. Some companies offer aftermarket solutions, but they all have an external oil tank and bulky hoses. Not anymore!
- SumpThing lowers the stress on the internal oil pump, as the oil doesn’t need to be pumped up into the external tank.
- SumpThing makes for better oil cooling.
- SumpThing lowers the center of gravity.
Ok, and any disadvantages?
The only thing we could come up with are possible exhaust clearance issues (explained below).
Awesome! What do i get and how much is it?
The kit comes complete with everything you need. Fresh stainless steel hardware, new gaskets, new o-rings, clear instructions and even a fresh oil filter. You will only need to add new oil. You could re-use your oil but we strongly recommend giving her fresh blood while you’re at it – it’s gonna get messy anyway.
The kit is €499,- but the first 50 buyers will have a €50,- discount, making it €449,- for the first fast few.
Sounds good, how much time does it take to get it on my bike?
You will need around 2 to 4 hours to get it all bolted up depending on your skills, tools etc.
Anything i need to check before i purchase this?
You sure do.
- Check your exhaust clearance as the kit will lower the oil pan with 55mm.
- Check if this fits your machine, simply make sure it’s in the list below.
The product shown is the final prototype.
How do i fill and check the oil? Oil gets in thru a tappet cover. The final product has a sightglass to check the oil.
*We know the photo’s show some old gaskets and oily bits. Photos are from the last prototype. The real thing gets into production as soon as possible but i didn’t want to keep you guys waiting. The final product may differ on some details. Will upload more pictures as soon as the first batch is in.
*We’d appreciate it if you send us pictures of your bike with the SumpThing kit so we can add those to the product photos.