!!!Pre-order now! – New batch comes in second week of February 2019!!!
The final solution for all SOHC CB750 oil tank haters.
Sumpthing is a complete kit that enables you to remove the external oil tank on your SOHC CB750.
Instead of the original system with the external oil tank, SumpThing reroutes the oil internally into a lowered oil pan. Just like all older Honda CB’s it’s making it a wet-sump instead of the dry-sump. Oil capacity stays the same at 3 Quarts /2.8 liters.
Hmm.. any advantages?
- First of all, the looks. Many SOHC CB750 owners want the oil tank removed. Some companies offer aftermarket solutions, but they all have an external oil tank and bulky hoses. Not anymore!
- SumpThing lowers the stress on the internal oil pump, as the oil doesn’t need to be pumped up into an external tank.
- SumpThing makes for better oil cooling in certain circumstances.
- SumpThing lowers the center of gravity.
Ok, any disadvantages?
The only thing we could come up with are possible exhaust clearance issues (explained below).
Awesome! What do I get and how much is it?
The kit comes complete with everything you need. Fresh stainless steel hardware, new gaskets, new o-rings and even a fresh oil filter. You could re-use your oil but we strongly recommend giving her fresh blood while you’re at it – it’s gonna get messy anyway.
Sounds good, how much time does it take to get it on my bike?
You will need around 1 to 3 hours to get it all bolted up depending on your skills, tools etc.
Anything I need to check before i purchase this?
You sure do.
- Check your exhaust clearance as the kit will lower the oil pan with 50mm.
- Check if this fits your machine, simply make sure it’s in the list below. Please email if you’re unsure whether it will fit your bike.
If you have any other questions, please check the FAQ page on the SumpThing website – www.sumpthing.net